• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Water filters for survival

Everyone loves a project right?

Gravity bag is the answer for large quantities. I just fill up outta the nearest creek and use a LifeStraw. The pumps are kind of a PITA.

Well....depending upon your use/situation....if your traveling home, or to wherever....if you do not have a "life straw"...or something like that, you will not need to worry about the other stuff, you will be dead....

Shame on anyone recommending Berkeys. There's a reason they won't submit their products for testing. That's fine though, probably same guys buying non NIJ certified plates or ballistic helmets from China.

Sure you're looking for filtration and not purification?
I have a Berkey (no plates or helmets). What am I missing?

Well....depending upon your use/situation....if your traveling home, or to wherever....if you do not have a "life straw"...or something like that, you will not need to worry about the other stuff, you will be dead....

A lifestraw is a cheap addition to your standard car kit. It'll take all the crud, sediment and biological nasties out of your water, but don't forget, it's of very limited use when it comes to chemical contamination.

If it's actually dissolved in the water, the lifestraw will do very little to remove it.

Back
Top Bottom