• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Waterless boat race tonight at Dixie

I've lived in ATL's north surburbs for 30+ years and have never been to Dixie Speedway. ALways wanted to go.
I really need to, before the county fills up with metrosexuals and Marxists and transplants from the Northeast, and they ban this thing that Southerners love, just because.

We ought to have an ODT meetup there.
Is the track carry-friendly?

Track is carry friendly. Keep it tucked away and no issues. Everyone is easy to deal with. We know the owners and their kids. Super family all the way around. My wife and I go on these special nights. My son works there from time to time as well.

Same family owns Rome Speedway, which is even a "faster" track than Dixie. Good folks there. Beats NASCAR. You get to watch the whole race sitting down. No standing drunks to deal with. You get out of the parking lot pretty quick. I was a dirt track racer in the 60s in NC. I still get the urge. Urge goes away when I see money and sweat turn into scrap in an instant. It wasn`t like the fair-haired California kids whos Dads started them in Karts. We all worked on cars every night to race once or twice on Fri or Sat night. You might bring home a few bucks. You might load up what`s left of your car on a trailer. One track I raced at, if you were an outsider, and won some money, you toted your pistol to pick it up. Good ol` days.

Back
Top Bottom