• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Way too early... Deer Rifle 2016-17 thread.

I like the .35 Remington as well. The round is perfect for the "normal" distance that deer are killed in Georgia.
.35 Rem is a deer slaying cartridge. Most shots are typically made well within its effective range.
I have moved toward the heavy side of ammo selection for most of my hunting. I keep a rifle chambered in a hot cartridge around for the days when I hunt my clearcut, but when I hunt my usual spots in the big woods, my 7600 is loaded full of 220 gr Core Lokts.

35 rem guys, just remember the last few years and start looking for ammo sooner rather than later.
Dont know if stock is any better this year but I wouldn't take any chances.

Sure most of yall have a good stock but I have bailed three guys out over the last two seasons.

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk

Reactions: MRH
35 rem guys, just remember the last few years and start looking for ammo sooner rather than later.
Dont know if stock is any better this year but I wouldn't take any chances.

Sure most of yall have a good stock but I have bailed three guys out over the last two seasons.

Sent from my LGL16C using Tapatalk
I had 10 boxes I sold last year. Cabelas in acworth gets a shipment of them in every week I feel like.

In for pics of the 81!!!
35rem.png

.35 Rem is a deer slaying cartridge. Most shots are typically made well within its effective range.
I have moved toward the heavy side of ammo selection for most of my hunting. I keep a rifle chambered in a hot cartridge around for the days when I hunt my clearcut, but when I hunt my usual spots in the big woods, my 7600 is loaded full of 220 gr Core Lokts.

I feel you on heavy. I will be packing my .35 Whelen with 250gr Core Lokts this fall. It should make them numb.

Back
Top Bottom