• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Way way to early 2023 college football predictions

I wouldn't be surprised if there is not a least a realignment of the East/West SEC conferences to even out the competition once Texas and Oklahoma come over.

I read somewhere there is already talk NCAA wide of doing away with split conferences and conference championships all together and declaring a number 1 and 2 within the conference based on record. That way every conference sends 2 to the playoffs and the CFP then picks the additional 2 to round out the 12 teams.
Also heard may divide into "quads".

David Pollack pissed Saban off last night on national television, so there'll be hell to pay for that next season..........
If I were an Alabama fan I would probably grasp at that straw too. But Saben is smart enough to know that his team was only 5 combined points from losing to Texas and Texas A&M this year too. Being mad a David Pollack won't be near enough motivation to get things squared away for next year.

Alabama was flat at the player level this year, like they lost their completive, dominate edge. Saben identified it last year, saying the players were constantly complaining and the team suffered from poor player leadership, but he thought he had it under control for the 2022 season. I expect he will turn it around......maybe.

I think everybody is in a pretty steep learning curve brought on by the transfer portal that has morphed into a free agent pool of talent and the way NIL is changing the face of college football. Gone are the days of attracting the top talent with the intention of stacking the roster and locking down the non-starters to prevent your enemies for acquiring their talent. That's a system Saben mastered and used it to beat the crap out of everybody for years. But in the words of that hippy folk singer, "The Times They Are A Changing"

Georgia steamrolls the East and the West is a crazy shootout. SEC West will remain the heaviest division in college football. Georgia didn’t bother recruiting QBs this year so they’re probably going to be in great shape.

Back
Top Bottom