• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ways to Get Government Issued Identification with Current Address

Qbange1

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
4   0
Reaction score
Okay so I moved to an apartment but I forgot to renew my license and update my address. I am supposed to pick up a new AR15 I bought from my local FFL on Thursday, but am afraid they won't take my temporary print off from the DMV website that has my current residential address. I asked them and they will not take fishing licenses, so what else can I get that will allow me to pick up my gun on thursday and not have to wait another week for my new license to arrive?

Just went through this. My license had a po box address and my CCP had an old address on it and I didn't want to lie on the 4473. If you have a bill or statement from a govt agency with name and current address that will be sufficient. I was able to use my water bill from Douglas County department of water & sewer authority. It cannot be from a private company though.

Just went through this. My license had a po box address and my CCP had an old address on it and I didn't want to lie on the 4473. If you have a bill or statement from a govt agency with name and current address that will be sufficient. I was able to use my water bill from Douglas County department of water & sewer authority. It cannot be from a private company though.
Yeah my apartment has utilities included, and i'm in college so where I live is not my actual legitiment address. It seems like my only option is to wait for my new license. The FFL even said they wouldn't take a fishing license, which stinks because I have used that before to buy a gun.

Voters registration card, the voters reg office can issue its own picture ID - ours prints is out right there. Don't you have a college ID?
I have a college issued ID but it doesn't have anything on it besides my full name and my student number. I just thought about it, and since I have a lease through an apartment complex, wouldn't that be considered my current address instead of where my parents live? If so, could I get something from the apartment complex? I know it sounds stupid saying this, but too bad we have a utilities allowance, or else zI would have something from the city in the form of a water or electric bill. I could probably get something from the school couldn't I?

Back
Top Bottom