• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

We have all been there....

Rabbit2047

Default rank 5000+ posts
Purveyor of Antique Firearms
98   0
Reaction score
FB_IMG_1560304873104.jpg

Back in the 70s when we had nothing but recurves,I would shoot a couple before I got down if it was nothing but a leaf.

Never shot a squirrel while hunting. Believe me, I wanted to. I did however take a little Buck BB gun on my private property hunting one time. There were three Jack Russell type dogs that had been coming over and barking constantly at me the last couple of hunts. I'd had enough. They came up and started barking. I popped the first one in the butt and he ran off. Popped the second one in the butt. He ran off. After the second one got hit the third one got wise and decided he didn't want any of what his buddies had gotten. Never saw them again while out there. Squirrels don't scare deer off. Dogs do though.

I always keep a “junk” arrow in my quiver for a squirrel, armadillo or other vermin.
A little bit of mid-day target practice from the stand is a good thing. My bows have put a few squirrels in the dumpling pot.
I want to take up bow hunting just so I can do this

Never shot a squirrel while hunting. Believe me, I wanted to. I did however take a little Buck BB gun on my private property hunting one time. There were three Jack Russell type dogs that had been coming over and barking constantly at me the last couple of hunts. I'd had enough. They came up and started barking. I popped the first one in the butt and he ran off. Popped the second one in the butt. He ran off. After the second one got hit the third one got wise and decided he didn't want any of what his buddies had gotten. Never saw them again while out there. Squirrels don't scare deer off. Dogs do though.
I like having the squirrels around. They usually alert me when something else is coming into the area. If one gets too close I might loose an arrow!

Back
Top Bottom