• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

We Need Prayers! Pray For Vanessa!!!!!

ODT Members I love this site and have met a lot of great people. My brother and I are always on here having fun. But I ask for something much greater today. My niece needs your prayers. She was air lifted from Macon to Children's Hospital in Atlanta from a horrible tubing accident. She just turned 14 and had brain surgery and now it's wait and see. Doctors say it's a miracle and she's fighting everyday to make progress. This just happened Saturday evening. Prayer is a powerful thing and any prayers for our niece and my brothers daughter, Vanessa, is much appreciated.

When all the auctions started popping up I told my wife what was going on...I always take the opportunity to defend ODT to her since it takes so much of my time and she sometimes get upset with me about the time I spend on here. Anyhow, she wanted me to check and see if there was any update on Vanessa's condition. She is a soft hearted woman and when I told her the story, she said "You know I'm going to start asking you for updates on her condition, right?"

When all the auctions started popping up I told my wife what was going on...I always take the opportunity to defend ODT to her since it takes so much of my time and she sometimes get upset with me about the time I spend on here. Anyhow, she wanted me to check and see if there was any update on Vanessa's condition. She is a soft hearted woman and when I told her the story, she said "You know I'm going to start asking you for updates on her condition, right?"

Latest Update- At Scottish Rite. She's working hard on the physical and speech therapy. She has her own speech therapist team, The Blue Team", she goes from 8am to 3:30pm with different tasks and goals to achieve for that session and that day. She had no strength to maybe 10% strength in her right side. I will say after 3 days in Scottish right she's probably at 50-70% strength on the right hand. Arm movement is excellent. She's working very hard on her fingers. Last night she was able to do a full thumbs up. She was so excited. Speech is improving and they're continuing to focus on the speech and memory of the rehab. She's been blessed and given the strength and determination to beat this. They say maybe 2 weeks, maybe 4 and maybe shorter to come home. I don't think anyone knows right now What we do know she's not quitting, has a great attitude and if she struggles she understands it's gonna take time. Thank you all for prayers and thinking of Vanessa!

Latest Update- At Scottish Rite. She's working hard on the physical and speech therapy. She has her own speech therapist team, The Blue Team", she goes from 8am to 3:30pm with different tasks and goals to achieve for that session and that day. She had no strength to maybe 10% strength in her right side. I will say after 3 days in Scottish right she's probably at 50-70% strength on the right hand. Arm movement is excellent. She's working very hard on her fingers. Last night she was able to do a full thumbs up. She was so excited. Speech is improving and they're continuing to focus on the speech and memory of the rehab. She's been blessed and given the strength and determination to beat this. They say maybe 2 weeks, maybe 4 and maybe shorter to come home. I don't think anyone knows right now What we do know she's not quitting, has a great attitude and if she struggles she understands it's gonna take time. Thank you all for prayers and thinking of Vanessa!

Thanks for the update & glad to hear things are progressing well.

Update.

Vanessa continues to improve and regain strength each day. The are shooting for a goal of being released from Scottish Rite next Wednesday. She is working hard in therapy to prove to all the doctors and therapist that she is ready to "break up out of there" as she puts it. She was able to play soccer yesterday during physical therapy which really seemed to lift her spirits. She told us she was a little rusty but it was fun to play. And I made her agree there would be no headers! Occupational therapy seems to improve each time she goes. She was able to tie her own shoes and pick up coins. Both major accomplishments! Her strength in her right hand improves more and more with every session. Speech therapy is also progressing and I can tell with every visit the difference it is making. She has told many of us that she knows that Jesus is in her heart and that God is leading her. She is the most amazingly strong little girl I have ever known. (And she will be mad at me for saying little girl I am sure) There will be lots of therapy once she comes home and she will continue to work hard and keep improving. The duration of how long she will continue therapy is unknown at this time - but all of those around her are committed to being by her side for as long as it takes. Please continue praying for our sweet Vanessa - she has said that all the love and prayers are making her strong. And please keep Tim and Nydia in your prayers as this journey has been an exhausting emotional roller coaster - but they are reassured each day by Vanessa's faith that she will be better soon.

Many of you have done so much. Prayers, thoughts, donations, auctions, lend a helping hand, put up postings, shared Vanessa's story, put items up for sale, pitched in money to auction items, put your items up for auction. I can't say thank you enough from me and from my family.

See below announcement from Peachtree City Soccer and with the help of Mike and C's family sports grill they are donating 10% of all sales every Wednesday in the month of August. They have great food, two of my kids work there and so does Vanessa's older sister. Come out and eat and let me know your coming and I will give you a box of ammo. 9mm or 223 if you come. Thanks again for everything.

Support Vanessa Countryman in August at Mike and C's!
July 2017

Earlier this month, Lazers and AFC Lightning player Vanessa Countryman was involved in a tubing accident which resulted in the need for extensive medical and rehabilitation services.

Now the community around our clubs can support Vanessa every Wednesday in August by eating at Mike and C's Family Sports Grill at 1200 Highway 74 Suite 14. 10% of every dollar spent every Wednesday will go to the Countryman family to assist with the costs of initial care and inpatient rehabilitation.

You can also still support Vanessa and her family by giving to the Victory for Vanessa FreeFunder campaign here: https://www.freefunder.com/campaign/victory-for-vanessa.

Everyone at Lazers continues to send their best wishes to the Countryman family and hopes to see Vanessa at PAC again soon.

Enjoy the game!

Progressive. Professional. Player Development.

Lazers Soccer Club

Back
Top Bottom