• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Weapon Light - Nightstick TCM550xl

GSP, MCCD, and Capitol Police have them on issued Glock model 45s. They seem to work pretty well to me. Not quite as bright as the TLR1 they replaced but no issues so far on mine. Much more compact...

Which model TLR1 did they have? Perhaps the TLR1-HL?

I have the TLR1 (300 lumen) and this TCM-550XL is brighter (550 lumen). It has a better beam pattern and also a more true white temperature, instead of the yellowish tint of surefire. And I got this for $60.

Here's the Nightstick 850XL:

For $30 more, seems more advantageous to get the TLR-7 by Streamlight. Or even an Inforce APLc.

Both are pretty tried and true. Have you taken it shooting (not a static range) and has it taken any abuse? That is the true test!

However, if it’s on a safe queen, saving money is great!

I love a tlr7 because it’s so compact. It ain’t super bright though.

Olight are some badass Chinese lights don’t be hating on the Chinese lights.

Olight pl2 Valkyrie left / trl7 right
8C4D71DD-8F78-4990-9AB6-2D99AB9F6AB6.jpeg

For $30 more, seems more advantageous to get the TLR-7 by Streamlight. Or even an Inforce APLc.

Both are pretty tried and true. Have you taken it shooting (not a static range) and has it taken any abuse? That is the true test!

However, if it’s on a safe queen, saving money is great!

Update: Went out and did some training Saturday from 10am-2pm. I ran a little over 500 rounds with the light attached, dropped the light a few times, banged it into barricades and so far no issues.

I love a tlr7 because it’s so compact. It ain’t super bright though.

Olight are some badass Chinese lights don’t be hating on the Chinese lights.

Olight pl2 Valkyrie left / trl7 right
View attachment 2704522

Yes Sir! I have so many Olights. Just got their new Odin weapon light and it's phenomenal. 2000 lumens, magnetic pressure switch locking cap, QD rail conversion, picatinny switch mount, rechargeable batteries, AND came with a free handheld i5T light.

Back
Top Bottom