• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Weapon to survive

Recently I was looking at what is commonly called a Push Knife . To me it's a T handle short blade dagger that sticks out between your fingers when you're fist is clinched. Most of them come with a chain or string to wear around your neck. That's not ideal either but definitely easier to reach than one in the boot.
I work at the port of Brunswick and the Port Authority Police are very serious about the weapons policy there. I have a medium size can of 10% OC spray and a Schrade 4" folder in my pocket. They won't say anything about the knife but I don't think they would approve of the spray.

If I can carry a knife in my boot, I can probably carry a small pistol. I choose the pistol. If I need a knife, I have one in my pocket and one on my belt.

If I can carry a knife in my boot, I can probably carry a small pistol. I choose the pistol. If I need a knife, I have one in my pocket and one on my belt.
I agree with most of that. My thing is that it's hot down here and I wear low top tennis shoes most of the time. I would like to have something like that around the shoe ankle but I don't see how it would work. Plus I wear cargo shorts almost everyday.
As I already mentioned there are absolutely no firearms allowed wear I work. So I think the neck knife/push knife is a bsbett option at least for me.

Whatever you get/use, just be sure to train yourself to get it quick and effectively use it. Be it a knife, pistol, longsword, whatever. I mean heck even the Joker was a master at using a pencil. Good luck!

Back
Top Bottom