• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Weapons carry on Army Corps land…

JimmyJet

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
19   0
Reaction score
Has anyone obtained authorization (in the past few years) for concealed carry on Army Corps of Engineers land…. like lake Allatoona for example? If so, do you have info on specifically who you communicated with (what office address/phone number/person) did you submit the request and obtain the authorization from?

TIA

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

There is a process. You have to send in a copy of your gwc and dl to the district commander of the specific property. Here’s the letter I used for lake Alllatoona several years ago. Don’t know if constitutional carry changed the process though. Good luck.

Colonel Sebastien P. Joly District Commander
PO Box 2288
Mobile, Al 36628-0001

Dear Colonel Joly,

I am writing you to request permission to carry a loaded concealed firearm on COE property. I understand that per 36 C.F.R. section 327.13 (a) (4) you are the individual that grants that permission.

Enclosed are copies of my current Georgia Weapons Carry License and Georgia Drivers License.

I appreciate your consideration and please let me know what additional information or fees that are required.

There is a process. You have to send in a copy of your gwc and dl to the district commander of the specific property. Here’s the letter I used for lake Alllatoona several years ago. Don’t know if constitutional carry changed the process though. Good luck.

Colonel Sebastien P. Joly District Commander
PO Box 2288
Mobile, Al 36628-0001

Dear Colonel Joly,

I am writing you to request permission to carry a loaded concealed firearm on COE property. I understand that per 36 C.F.R. section 327.13 (a) (4) you are the individual that grants that permission.

Enclosed are copies of my current Georgia Weapons Carry License and Georgia Drivers License.

I appreciate your consideration and please let me know what additional information or fees that are required.

This is what my letter looked like. But I forget to copy BOTH SIDES of my Ga. Weapons Carry License, and they wrote back asking for another set of copies of both sides, so that delayed getting my permission letter by a month.

Also the "District Commander" changes regularly. Every year or two maybe?
As of the summer of 2021, there's a new one for the MOBILE district, which covers Lake Lanier and Alatoona: Colonel Jeremy Jiggs Chapman,

There is a process. You have to send in a copy of your gwc and dl to the district commander of the specific property. ... Don’t know if constitutional carry changed the process though. Good luck.

As far as I can tell, anyone exercising their new "constitutional carry" rights under Georgia law who does not have a current GWL issued by the state (or the County probate judge acting under authority of State law) can't get a USACE permission letter. Having a pistol carry license is required, perhaps not by federal law but by longstanding (several years) US Army Corps of Engineers policy.

This is what my letter looked like. But I forget to copy BOTH SIDES of my Ga. Weapons Carry License, and they wrote back asking for another set of copies of both sides, so that delayed getting my permission letter by a month.

Also the "District Commander" changes regularly. Every year or two maybe?
As of the summer of 2021, there's a new one for the MOBILE district, which covers Lake Lanier and Alatoona: Colonel Jeremy Jiggs Chapman,

This was my question…. there seems to be a number of offices one could contact… and I think there is an ACofE office in the NW Metro area but wasn’t certain of who to contact locally…. thanks for providing more info on this.

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom