• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Weapons carry on Army Corps land…

Is this Dist. Director process the same nationwide? We rv and are looking at ACE properties as points of interest, in GA and beyond.
I'm not sure that COE policy is the same nationwide.

Also, state law may impact the question.

For example, SC has some goofy law about carrying guns in a boat that is stricter than anything the COE requires, and you had to be aware of that when hunting the border lakes. Cross the invisible line and you could get a substantial ticket.

To bring this thread up to date....

My GWCL expired in January, so that also meant my "permission letter" from the ACoE also expired on the same date.

After I renewed my GWCL I went ahead and sent another letter to the ACoE, Mobile District. The letter was sent in the mail 02/27/23.

Today I received my "permission letter" in the mail, signature required for delivery.

So I'm good for another 5 years on Corp. property, excluding the places they will not authorize, of course.

If anybody needs the names, addresses, or other info, let me know and I can send them to you.

Jerry

Odd that I also got my permission letter today, via certified mail, from the Mobile district. I sent in my request letter around 3 weeks ago. Waiting on my Savannah District letter now, but the Mobile one covers me for just about anywhere I normally go. Today, it was mountain biking at Allatoona Creek Park in Acworth.

When biking, people probably wonder about my Hill People Gear chest pack, when I am also wearing a Platypus hydration backpack. A female friend riding with me once asked if I was carrying weights in the chest pack. She leans left, so we never really discuss guns.

If anybody needs the names, addresses, or other info, let me know and I can send them to you.
Hey Jerry, hope everything is going well. This has been on my list of things to do. If you could send me the info, that would be greatly appreciated.

I need to apply to two different offices, for Lake Lanier and Lake Hartwell.

Hey Jerry, hope everything is going well. This has been on my list of things to do. If you could send me the info, that would be greatly appreciated.

I need to apply to two different offices, for Lake Lanier and Lake Hartwell.

Lanier is covered by the Mobile, AL commander if you look at my comment above (#21 I believe) I posted where I sent my request to the Mobile office…. I believe Hartwell falls under the Savannah, GA commander…. I was able to GOOGLE the address and name of the commanding officer for Mobile to send a letter… you should be able to find info for Savannah as well…

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was wondering the same thing the other day.
I am on COE property gold panning quite often,usually I am the only person wondering around in the woods, with the guy getting attacked not too long ago by stray dogs in the middle of the woods sure makes me which I was carrying. Also lots of theft and shady **** happens at the boat ramps. I will be sending letters as well, thanks for the info!

With my new 2 page letter, I made a reduced, 2-side copy, "laminated" it with Scotch tape (too cheap to buy a real laminator), folded it and stuck it in my wallet. It ended up being the front and back of about a 3" x 4" piece of paper.

I also took pictures of the pages and put them in a dedicated folder on my phone, in case the printed copy in my wallet happened to get wet, is too small for the LEO to read, my wallet gets lost, etc.

The pictures are a backup, because 2 is 1 and one is none.

Lanier is covered by the Mobile, AL commander if you look at my comment above (#21 I believe) I posted where I sent my request to the Mobile office…. I believe Hartwell falls under the Savannah, GA commander…. I was able to GOOGLE the address and name of the commanding officer for Mobile to send a letter… you should be able to find info for Savannah as well…

The proposed Glade Reservoir just north of Lanier falls under Savannah. Go figure.

The proposed Glade Reservoir just north of Lanier falls under Savannah. Go figure.

Yeah…. makes me wonder if they divvy it all up based on surface area to manage rather than "location"….

Back
Top Bottom