• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Weapons you’ve killed deer with.

Re-curve Bow instinctive shooting (first deer). Compound Bow. Pump action rifle. Bolt action rifles. Muzzle loader.

This year going to try lever action, semi-auto, hand gun and crossbow.

EC87267D-28B9-4FBB-A7DC-48CBC7A2F6FD.jpeg
64E62558-55F6-4431-B0D1-8B1BD24AF8E1.jpeg

A few deer with this M1A with a fixed 4x scope.

An equal number killed by my vehicles' bumpers and fenders!

47403A1A-13E7-4E1F-AB17-06B67F3E2F7F.jpeg

I finished one off with a knife. Will never ever even think of doing that again. Not a good experience.

I bounced a deer off my grill, and it hobbled off the road to the woods.
I got a boys axe (with about a 2.5 pound head and a 24 inch haft) out of my car trunk, grabved a flashlight, and went after it. I located it about 100 yards deep in the forest, from the shoulder of the road.

I had to hold the flashlight between my legs when it came time to delivering the several whacks to down that wounded deer, then a dozen more to be sure it was dead.
The flashlight beam was jerking all over the place and prevented me from really seeing the grotesque image that I'm sure I was creating.

I ended up having only a small amount of hair, blood, and cervid brain tissue on my clothes that night.

Various rifles, compound bow, muzzle loader w/iron sights, Glock 23C, 10/22 - behind ear to finish off one hit by a car(back roads in Burke Co.) , buckshot, slugs(Sabot and pumpkin ball), killed a few deer with deer dogs. Our last pack would run down and kill wounded deer and fight each other over the deer.

Back
Top Bottom