• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Weapons you’ve killed deer with.

I killed three at one time with my Ford

(Insert Ron white deer hunting joke here )
If they could just slow that bullet down to about 60 miles and hour and out some headlights and a horn on it ...

My outboard prop
4F7F7D12-FC02-4A02-9562-20BEC4E13270 (5).jpg

2 with the same '89 Bonneville, 2 weeks apart.
2nd one was the largest I've seen up close, and technically he ran into me. Cracked my windshield, tore off my side mirror, dented all 4 body panels on the driver's side and shattered the drivers door window when his head came through it. The door pillar snapped his neck.

A bow, muzzleloader, .30-06, a Silverado, a m&p (it was a put down after being hit) hopefully gonna add a .45 colt and 300 blackout to the list this next season.

View attachment 2128062

I bounced a deer off my grill, and it hobbled off the road to the woods.
I got a boys axe (with about a 2.5 pound head and a 24 inch haft) out of my car trunk, grabved a flashlight, and went after it. I located it about 100 yards deep in the forest, from the shoulder of the road.

I had to hold the flashlight between my legs when it came time to delivering the several whacks to down that wounded deer, then a dozen more to be sure it was dead.
The flashlight beam was jerking all over the place and prevented me from really seeing the grotesque image that I'm sure I was creating.

I ended up having only a small amount of hair, blood, and cervid brain tissue on my clothes that night.
If I ever came out of the woods carrying an axe, covered with blood and brain tissue and out of breath I know there will be a very nervous rookie cop standing by my car. That’s just how my life goes.

If I ever came out of the woods carrying an axe, covered with blood and brain tissue and out of breath I know there will be a very nervous rookie cop standing by my car. That’s just how my life goes.

Just remember the correct response to the rookie would not be any of these :
'Yeah ,what do you want?'
'Move along no donuts here'
'Here's Johnny'

Back
Top Bottom