• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Weather PA-08 Pump Release Button

huntin42

Default rank <750 posts Supporter
Chris, GREAT DAY!
73   0
Reaction score
Hey, first post in this forum so appologies if I missed something or what not. Long story short, I bought a gun for a boy I take hunting. He got a new gun so gave me back the Weatherby. I never shot it, just sat it in the safe. Well 2 weeks ago I traded it to a young man on here an when taking it out of the car, I noticed I didn't have to push the little release button to pump it. It's a Weatherby PA-08 turkey model. Most pumps have a little button around the trigger/receiver that you have to push in order to move the slide an load a shell into the chamber. Being that I never hunted with it, I thought it may be because it was unloaded. Well he messaged me the next day saying that the button wasn't working loaded or unloaded an that you could pump it at any time. I'm assuming the boy that I bought the gun for originally probably cleaned it an just missed something when putting it back together. I know this may seem like not a big deal but I traded the gun as a fully functional gun and being that it is not, I'm trying to help this young man figure out what the problem is an how to fix it. He said it shot fine an everything else seems to be working just fine. However, if you're hunting an getting ready to shoot a turkey you don't want to have to worry about whether or not you may have accidentally opened the action just enough for it not to fire an have to pump it forward/shut to get a shot off. He's about an hour an a half from me so I have not handled or looked at the issue in person. Has anyone had this issue before? Does anyone know of any trouble shooting techniques for such an issue? You can reply on here or PM me. Would like to try an fix it without having to pay someone or send it off if possible so any help would be appreciated so this young man can enjoy his gun!
Thanks, Chris

Back
Top Bottom