• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wednesday Night Wine

letusbuyyourcar

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
203   0
Reaction score
So lately I've been trying to drink less and certainly less beer ( calories) So today I picked up a jug of Carlo Rossi Rhine wine at Publix. It ain't what I would call great but it IS the best of all the bad tasting wines I have tried over the last 2 years. 9.5% which is better than most beers and not as many calories.
Trying to lose weight AND drinking is tough.

Attachments

• IMG_20220525_205504431_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220525_205504431_HDR.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 14
Sorry man, but @ 9.5% there’s a whole lotta sugar left over in that wine. Probably less calories in a Miller Lite.

If you decide to pursue a low carb lifestyle...there are no carbs in booze. But you need to be in ketosis to pursue that route involving weight loss.

If you decide to pursue a low carb lifestyle...there are no carbs in booze. But you need to be in ketosis to pursue that route involving weight loss.
Since cutting all the carbs out of my diet, I stopped taking insulin and lost 40 pounds. Beer has always been an integral part of my evening ritual.

We're going on one year doing Keto. I started at 220 and today I'm 194 and holding. It works. You can even have a cheat day every week (think cheeseburger and fries), and still be good, once your on it hard core. We typically drink bourbon 90% of the time, and that is fine on Keto.

Some of y'all commented on the carbs and Keto lifestyle. I probably WOULD do that if it wasn't such a pain in the ass.
As for Bourbon well I gave up the dark brown liquor as it makes me an asshole. I usually ( lately) drink vodka and club soda. But tasting nothing eventually gets old. I like or should I say LOVE Scotch and Irish Whiskey. But it's all expensive and I drink way too much of it when I buy it. As a long time beer drinker I tend to knock them back in a hurry and that ain't good with liquor.

Back
Top Bottom