• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wednesday Night Wine

Red is SO dry and bitter I can't take it. Seriously I still aint found a wine that tastes worth a damn. Thie Rhine wine which I believe is German is halfway tolerable. I thought Reisling would be the ticket but it was too sweet.
I’ve got some homemade elderberry but it like hummingbird feeder juice it’s so sweet

I’ve got some homemade elderberry but it like hummingbird feeder juice it’s so sweet
Before we moved from Ft Valley we wound up with a bunch of over ripe peaches. So my wife made peach wine with them. Now let me say for the record I do NOT like peaches or peach anything. But that wine was good. In fact it was like fortified ( high alc content) wine. I would gladly make more from other fruit like blueberry blackberry green apple etc.

Ain't nothing wrong with a little table wine.
Never realized size of the table mattered.
Red is SO dry and bitter I can't take it. Seriously I still aint found a wine that tastes worth a damn. Thie Rhine wine which I believe is German is halfway tolerable. I thought Reisling would be the ticket but it was too sweet.
I haven't liked any red wine I've tried. White wines in general seem fine.
Prefer the German white wines, two in particular. Piesporter Michelsburg
and ________ -Goldtrophchen (can't remember the 1st part). Haven't had
either in years but do have some fond memories. Be worth trying.

It’s from California. listed on the label. Sorta how Ernest & Julio sells Hearty Burgundy or Chablis, also from California but using Frenchy names.

There’s dry versions of riesling, too. Check out an independent wine shop and ask them to set you up with one. Won’t really find them at the big stores. Maybe a Total Wine, but definitely not Publix, Kroger, or Wally World. Generally, stuff from Alsace, France or Clare Valley, Australia is dry(er) style.

Back
Top Bottom