• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Weight loss Challenge started

20 days to go. Keep hitting brick walls, I'm stuck at 32-33 pounds. Wifey says its time for a pecan waffle at waffle house but can't bring myself to do that. Going to change things up a bit. I'm now at 1.2 miles on the treadmill every day except the weekends. I only do .6 each day on the weekends. I'll be continuing the extreme regiment after the "contest" until I reach certain goals then find a routine that let's me maintain. There are times when I wish I had never quit smoking............this is hard

20 days to go. Keep hitting brick walls, I'm stuck at 32-33 pounds. Wifey says its time for a pecan waffle at waffle house but can't bring myself to do that. Going to change things up a bit. I'm now at 1.2 miles on the treadmill every day except the weekends. I only do .6 each day on the weekends. I'll be continuing the extreme regiment after the "contest" until I reach certain goals then find a routine that let's me maintain. There are times when I wish I had never quit smoking............this is hard
Hang in there. I am at -26 and starting to move down again. 32 lbs is a great number for the time into this.

I hear you on the waffle. I had a cheat weekend, I had to take a break. It was my sons birthday and he wanted ribs. I made some killer ribs and ate my weight in them with mac and cheese. Soooooo good. Back at it again now though. I still want to lose another 21 lbs. I'm hoping to be in the 180's by the weekend, fingers crossed. I was 191 this weekend. The diet I'm on (thanks to @mgonza) I have never really been hungry until now. I have wanted to eat so much more. Not sure if that's because of my cheating or my matabalism going up.

I will say that I regret cheating on my diet because it just put me back that much.

Keep up the good work

I'm still at the wall too.... hanging right at 25lbs.

I'm eating a more balanced diet than when I started, the restrictive diet was awful for my energy level. I've also started crossfit and am seeing more changes with body structure than with the workouts I was doing at home.

Getting back on my mountain bike is next. I was able to ride 2-3 hours at a time before I broke my leg about 7-8 years ago.

Go for the waffle Boz1911 Boz1911 ! I had a piece of cake last week(my son's birthday party). TOTALLY do not miss eating junk food. It actually reinforced my diet and eating choices. The only thing I've gone back to is a half glass of whole milk.

I'm going to the beach on vacation late next month and I want to be down 47 pounds. Not that I still won't be overweight but I'll feel a lot better about myself. I hate that I sit for 8 hours a day at work, seems counter productive.

I am going out of state Oct. 30. Can't remember if our weigh in was then or the first of Nov. if okay with all concerned I would like to weigh and post my weight Monday Oct. 30 before I leave town, so I don't have to haul the scale along.

My boy turned 16. We had a big blowout for him. Here's what his present was.

20171001_144711.jpg

I even had the banana pudding cup cakes my wife made. I could eat my weight in them. The are so good. But now back to being a good boy hopefully till l hit my weight

My boy turned 16. We had a big blowout for him. Here's what his present was.

View attachment 1350627

I even had the banana pudding cup cakes my wife made. I could eat my weight in them. The are so good. But now back to being a good boy hopefully till l hit my weight
You gotta splurge every now and then. It's not how you eat one day, it's how you eat every day.

I am going out of state Oct. 30. Can't remember if our weigh in was then or the first of Nov. if okay with all concerned I would like to weigh and post my weight Monday Oct. 30 before I leave town, so I don't have to haul the scale along.

It's supposed to be the first. I was acctually wondering if that worked for everybody or if it would be better to do it like the 4th (Saturday morning). I think there was somebody else that travels a lot for work doing this as well. I'm flexible though, whatever works the best for everybody. Just don't think that somebody should get to weigh in later than everybody else. I would prefer Saturday myself.

Back
Top Bottom