• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Weird silencershop issue (FYI)

jon-d

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
534   3
Reaction score
So I got in on the Dead Air ghost M promo. Got a Ghost and dead air mask both purchased at the same time through QRF (who are fantastic!) the first week of August. All forms completed and approved through SilencerShop same day (I am a repeat) so everything was already on file.

Two weeks later did a Form 1 through Silencershop.

Here we are a month later and my Form 1 check was cashed two weeks ago and the Mask and Ghost still show pending approval and review.

Called the ATF today and they said they have not seen it yet to call the dealer.

I called silencershop and they said all the paperwork was still in house and wouldn’t go out to the ATF for another couple of weeks due to a misunderstanding with them signing for the dealers (instead of the dealers signing?).

They said they had to hold thousands of forms and get the dealers to sign instead of them. Said it would take a few weeks to resolve and if I could just be patient while they resolved this.

This is just FYI as it seems it will delay my processing by at least a month or two. Only applies to Form 4s. I imagine I will be at 60 to 90 days before this is resolved.

I am going to call QRF tomorrow as I am curious more than anything. Not really worried about the time (well not in the long run).

Anyone else know anything about this? Again this is not bashing or me complaining on anyone and I realize with anything legal or the government related there are hiccups.

Just curious if anyone else knows anything about this?

Yep, it sucks, a month wasted! Not SilencerShop’s fault, the atf started enforcing that the FFL has to sign the Form 4.

Thanks for the reply. I am happy someone else knows about it. The explanation from Silencershop was vague. Is that pretty much it, the ATF changed requirements? If that’s true I will not even bother QRF.

I don't get what these Silencer Shop kiosks are all about. Are they the only ones who can submit NFA forms to the ATF or something? Just seems -- on the surface anyway, to my paranoid self -- that it's another middleman company trying to get all your private info for marketing purposes or something. I get the government has to have it because of regulations and all. I just don't get why SS is mixed up in the process too.

I don't get what these Silencer Shop kiosks are all about. Are they the only ones who can submit NFA forms to the ATF or something? Just seems -- on the surface anyway, to my paranoid self -- that it's another middleman company trying to get all your private info for marketing purposes or something. I get the government has to have it because of regulations and all. I just don't get why SS is mixed up in the process too.

SilencerShop saw a way to make it very, very simple for consumers to buy suppressors and also make it easy for FFLs, and capitalize on it. They saw a need and came up with a brilliant idea. You don't have to use them.

My first two suppressors I purchased an through FFL/SOT without the SS kiosk, which entailed setting up an appointment to sign the forms, take pics, and fingerprints. A bit of a PITA. Then my third suppressor I did through the SS kiosk at QRF, the process is so stupid simple, all your info/fingerprints are entered into their system through the kiosk.

Now that SS has all my info, I can literally buy suppressors on my phone and never have to go to the store.

SilencerShop saw a way to make it very, very simple for consumers to buy suppressors and also make it easy for FFLs, and capitalize on it. They saw a need and came up with a brilliant idea. You don't have to use them.

My first two suppressors I purchased an through FFL/SOT without the SS kiosk, which entailed setting up an appointment to sign the forms, take pics, and fingerprints. A bit of a PITA. Then my third suppressor I did through the SS kiosk at QRF, the process is so stupid simple, all your info/fingerprints are entered into their system through the kiosk.

Now that SS has all my info, I can literally buy suppressors on my phone and never have to go to the store.

Agreed 100% my first form 1 and few suppressor purchases I did old school. Needed to go to jail for fingerprints , send paperwork back and forth, etc. now since then I have purchased 3 suppressors and two form 1s (some still pending) and still using the stored info. My last form 1 I submitted, I never left my desk. Paid Silencershop $30 for the convenience and it was worth every penny.

This is the first snafu I have ever encountered and it’s a very minor one.

Back
Top Bottom