• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Weird vibration help

Rwd driveshafts typically vibrate up through the seat. Fwd vibrations come up through the pedals/steering column. Sounds like a bad joint in the front axle or driveshaft angle is off. Does it get worse/change severity under a load? Climbing a hill or a hard acceleration?

Rwd driveshafts typically vibrate up through the seat. Fwd vibrations come up through the pedals/steering column. Sounds like a bad joint in the front axle or driveshaft angle is off. Does it get worse/change severity under a load? Climbing a hill or a hard acceleration?
It doesn't get worse at any time. Even when i shift to neutral it stays the same. I might bring it to a different dealer but wanted to see what I could find out. Just weird that it's not a steady vibration.

I'll mention all these suggestions. It's not awd and I keep it in 2wd.

Actually not sure if it's from the pedals up or the seat/rear. I'll have to drive it again

It doesn't get worse at any time. Even when i shift to neutral it stays the same. I might bring it to a different dealer but wanted to see what I could find out. Just weird that it's not a steady vibration.

I'll mention all these suggestions. It's not awd and I keep it in 2wd.

Actually not sure if it's from the pedals up or the seat/rear. I'll have to drive it again

It could be that the front axle disconnect is not working properly

You could check and see if the front drive shaft spins when you move the car
I have an older truck with the Manual locking hubs and if I leave em locked and drive at highway speeds I get funny vibes and noises

It could be that the front axle disconnect is not working properly

You could check and see if the front drive shaft spins when you move the car
I have an older truck with the Manual locking hubs and if I leave em locked and drive at highway speeds I get funny vibes and noises
I have not had a chance to bring it it. Might check it out today if I can
Have they checked the hubs?
I'll mention that when I bring it in

Wheel bearings perhaps, although low mileage this malady - lightens up when cornering on opposite side.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PIT5318B
Possibly:
“My 2015 Silverado doesn't have the MRC so it may have a different solution. My tech understands very well the underlying cause of the vibrations. The GMdesign of the suspension damping is to have very light damping (compression and rebound) in the first 1-2 inches of vertical wheel travel. In a small percentage of vehicles (less than 25%) one or more of the wheel positions has virtually no damping in the first 1-2 inches of travel. Though this meets GMminimum specifications it allows for a resonant vibration in a frequency that is perceptible.

The fix requires addressing the damping by changing the dampers (shocks) to ones that have firm damping (non OEM) in the first 1-2 inches of travel. I also changed out the suspension bushings for firmer polyurethane bushings. Problem solved! Drives like the GM engineers intended smooth and vibration free.”

Back
Top Bottom