• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Welcome to the new Men's Health forum brought to you by Dobbs Defense

"Sun spots" can be precancerous and if taken care of early it is a simple matter. Wait to long and it becomes more complicated as they transform into squamous cell carcinoma, still a "baby" skin cancer. If you let that go then you can get into real problems.
I have several to be frozen on my face, next Thursday at the Blairsville VA Clinic..Oh boy!

Of course. Isn’t there a direct correlation to oral inflammation and heart disease ? Floss and you’ll live longer.

Why yes, there is. Periodontal disease and inflamed gums are linked to a higher incidence of heart disease. Think of it like this: bacteria in the mouth cause the body to produce antibodies and inflammatory precursors. This inflammatory “concoction” doesn’t just stay in your gums, it travels thru the circulatory system thru all your organs - causing other issues. Not to mention that when gums bleed, bacteria in the mouth enters the blood stream. Many systemic diseases and maladies can be diagnosed by the condition of the oral cavity. Why do you think when horses and other animals are examined, the condition of the mouth is looked at closely.

My fear about that is privacy and people asking for advice when I haven’t seen the problem.... I feel pm’s about individual issues would be more appropriate. But a forum for general dental information could be done so long as the rules about privacy are upheld and folks understand that only generalalites will be discuss in an open format.
Just lay down the rules man. This really ain’t my forum it’s just on odt. I don’t actually have any special buttons or moderating power of any kind. Plus, I’m no doctor so my advice is nil anyway. I’m not sure how that works if you actually are a doctor. Can you violate hipa with someone who’s not your patient?

Back
Top Bottom