• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Welder or smith needed for cracked pistol frame repair

kwelhand

Default rank <1000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Frontiersman
196   0
Reaction score
Does anyone know any welder who could perform welding repair on a stainless CZ frame?
I’m not sure it’s safe to shoot, and I would like to get it repaired locally.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

B39B380E-1178-4C00-852F-7BEEEA3EC3AF.jpg

You got a picture of the safety removed to see how deep it goes? I assume it started from that hole. I can weld up the crack but the gun will need to be refinished after, Just based on the photo by itself without any other knowledge about the gun I wouldn't stress about shooting it as that's not a high stress area. But take that with a large grain of salt as I know nothing else about the condition other than there is a single crack in the back of the frame.

There’s the crack and a chunk missing. It also appears to have been stop drilled at some point...I’m pretty sure I can fix it, but wouldn’t solely for liability issues. Now, if it were mine, I’d do it up in a minute...should be pretty easy to find out what stainless it is from CZ...

Here's the pic of the crack with safety removed.
The hole looks like a casting flaw to me... I might be wrong.

IMG_0753.jpg

IMG_0754.jpg

IMG_0755.jpg

You got a picture of the safety removed to see how deep it goes? I assume it started from that hole. I can weld up the crack but the gun will need to be refinished after, Just based on the photo by itself without any other knowledge about the gun I wouldn't stress about shooting it as that's not a high stress area. But take that with a large grain of salt as I know nothing else about the condition other than there is a single crack in the back of the frame.

Back
Top Bottom