• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Well crap, I guess I am really getting old.

Wife and I went to lunch today at the Longhorn in Winder. We asked for our check and were told that 2 ladies at an adjoining table had paid for our lunch. Very nice of them, didn't know them from "Adam", didn't even speak with them. Here's the wrinkle...they were administrators from the nursing home next door, "looking for customers", according to the waitress.

I suppose it could have been worse.....they could have been from a funeral home.

"Hey there old timer, let me buy your lunch, looks like you may not have too many more ahead of you. Have you thought about your final arrangements?"

Yep, they were planting a seed. For future business, or good references. I don't think of it a a bad thing, I've saw much worse in advertising. :doh:

Forgot to mention in the initial post, they left a couple brochures with the waitress to give to us. Since they are right next door, maybe they do this regularly? Got a deal with Longhorn and/or the waitress? Who knows? I got a nice shrimp skewer dinner with rice and seafood chowder, wife got a strawberry chicken salad. We left a tip too, since the waitress gave us good service.

Back
Top Bottom