• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Well Crap!!! Need some medical feedback.

Have had several eye surgeries, needles, vitrectomy and laser photocoagulation procedures. One of the surgeries blinded my left eye, the optic nerve was cut due to a wrong setting on the laser. I now am being cared for at Emory Eye Center.

I won't mention the retina group physician that blinded me. I will never set foot in that practice again.

I'm assuming your injection is the steroid procedure, I had that done and it wasn't bad. Good luck to you!

PM me, I have something that can improve your blood flow, I have been able to do away with glasses to drive, after over 30 years of having needed them on my license. We have had people that were going to have to have amputations that had their diabetic ulcers go away and not reoccur. This is for real, widely used in Europe. FDA is (of course) dragging their feet doing the final ok for Class II status, but it is already a Class 1 device. It has changed my life.

I’ve had dozens of injections due to retinopathy, the first few are unnerving, but believe it or not you kinda get used to it. I do wish you the best with this because I more than most know what you’re going through.
I use Dr. Cho at GA Retina and am extremely pleased with the practice. i’m not familiar with your Dr though.

Just back from eye doctor, I have diabetic retinopathy and get to have injections into my damn eyeball in a couple weeks. I have always been squeamish about my eyes, never wore contacts, exams were not pleasant and now the doc wants to stick damn needles in my eye. Also have a partially detacted retina in the same eye that he wants to patch with a laser. Oh Boy, I can't wait.

Anybody gone thru this?? The doctor is Dr. Walia, in Lawrenceville at Georgia Retina near the hospital. Any and all experience with this doctor or medical group or treatment like this is appreciated.

Damn Diabetes Sucks.
I have had laser surgery to patch a hole in my retina. The laser flash is bright, but there is no pain. You will do just fine.

Get a second opinion if you are worried but in my experience doing what the doctors tell you is usually the best course of action.

Back
Top Bottom