• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Well damn Just damn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
229519-02c00f6898bddf7ad6d96fda5e429b89.jpg

Long time ODT'er, was a supporter but let it lapsed....but I agree-letting the supporters see ads a few hours before everybody else WOULD be a nice benefit for the supporters. A good idea to help generate revenue stream.

So without breaking any rules here is a good example of why supporters should get to see ads for an hour or two before anyone else....

Let's say some dude whose profile shows he joined five years ago (but he has zero feedback and no post count) posts an ad for a high end scope with rings bnib for a good deal.

Then some dude from way out of state who has no feedback or post history sees the ad, joins right quick and his first post is "pm sent" which results in the ad being closed and marked gone.

All in about 40 minutes.

I mean, I'm happy for the dude who sold his scope (sort of) but it would have been nice if some folks who have been loyal to ODT got a chance to buy before a guy a few states away joins and snaps it up before the ad ink dries.

Rant over. Carry on.

I agree with you, it would be nice if supporters got to see the ads first.

Nah, it was already marked gone when I saw but you are right...the right bid in a pm and who know? Just have never done that on ODT...don't like to take a man's bargain away or tempt a seller to screw somebody.

Well, maybe if it was certain somebody's I could stoop so low...
Marked Gone means nothing. Sailor can always change his mind if a better offer comes in. Happens all the time. It's how the ODT works. I don't do that but plenty of others do. There is no deal until you meet or fail to meet at an agreed upon time and place.

This is worse than Facebook sometimes with all the wining. I thought this was a sight where we all trade and sell. Maybe meet some fellas who may be genuine. Nope another social sight where we can get our feelings out.

You wanna “maybe meet some fellas who may be genuine”?

https://www.farmersonly.com

Cause city folk just don’t get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom