• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Well... finally time to grow up... no more Toys R Us

Funny what's old is new again.

Early part of last century catalogs were the thing. Sears catalog (before all the brick and mortar), JC Whitney, etc etc. Then they turned to stores in almost every town.

Now we're back to ordering /somewhat/ direct like the old days...

Early part of last century catalogs were the thing. Sears catalog (before all the brick and mortar), JC Whitney, etc etc. Then they turned to stores in almost every town.

Not some folks. "Theres so much that can go wrong with shipping" or so I've been told. lol:tape2:

Who didn't see that coming? I mean, seriously. You can't compete in retail anymore unless you bring something to the table. All made in china goods are the same, so if you're going to charge a premium for retailing it, you better be delivering additional value. ToysRUs has been a joke for as long as I can remember. I remember Christmas shopping my first Cyber Monday in the early 2000's thinking, "this is going to put ToysRUs out of business". Surprised they made it til 2018.

Who didn't see that coming? I mean, seriously. You can't compete in retail anymore unless you bring something to the table. All made in china goods are the same, so if you're going to charge a premium for retailing it, you better be delivering additional value. ToysRUs has been a joke for as long as I can remember. I remember Christmas shopping my first Cyber Monday in the early 2000's thinking, "this is going to put ToysRUs out of business". Surprised they made in til 2018.

Yep! ****ing expensive, and most locations are poorly managed/ran. I'm also surprised they made it this far. Especially with the almighty Amazon and Walmart.

Oh and their return policy was awful. Same goes for BabiesRUs. High priced and awful return policy. They thought they could keep milking parents seeking to please their spoiled kids. That was their business strategy, apparently. You can only milk a cow so many times before it dries up.

In 94 or 95 Toys R Us made a big media deal about taking all the toy guns off the shelves and crushing them with a dozer. Meanwhile they left all the toy swords,nunchucks, axes an all the other He Man/ Ninja Turtle crap. And I'm sure they kept on selling Grand Theft Auto and other violent video games right up to now. So...**** 'em.

Bring back Sears And Roebucks. They can go back to selling guns through the mail. That's how my grandpappy bought his squirrel gun.

Back
Top Bottom