• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Well, GA BULLDOGS Schedule..WEAK

Gimmeguns

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
101   0
Reaction score
Looking ahead to next season, one glance at the Bulldogs’ schedule- Will this have an effect on their chance for a run at the national Championship?

The campaign opens with Austin Peay, an FCS program, followed by non-conference foes Middle Tennessee State on 9/15 and Massachusetts on 11/17—both of which were also part of the FCS/Division I-AA not too terribly long ago—and, finally on 11/24, of course, Georgia Tech. As far as conference foes, the Bulldogs do travel to LSU in mid-October, and September road dates at South Carolina and Missouri won’t be any picnic. However, the lone team Georgia faces which has consistently appeared in the top 15 or so of the “way-to-early” preseason rankings which are beginning to surface—Auburn—will be hosted in Athens.

2018 Georgia football schedule
DATE OPPONENT
Sept. 1 AUSTIN PEAY
Sept. 8 at South Carolina
Sept. 15 MIDDLE TENNESSEE
Sept. 22 at Missouri
Sept. 29 TENNESSEE
Oct. 6 VANDERBILT
Oct. 13 at LSU
Oct. 20 Open Date
Oct. 27 vs. Florida (Jacksonville)
Nov. 3 at Kentucky
Nov. 10 AUBURN
Nov. 17 UMASS
Nov. 24 GEORGIA TECH

COMPARED TO:
TENNESSEE 2018 SCHEDULE
Sept. 1 vs. West Virginia (Charlotte, N.C.)
Sept. 8 ETSU
Sept. 15 UTEP
Sept. 22 Florida
Sept. 29 at Georgia
Oct. 13 at Auburn
Oct. 20 Alabama
Oct. 27 at South Carolina
Nov. 3 Charlotte
Nov. 10 Kentucky
Nov. 17 Missouri
Nov. 24 at Vanderbilt

GA will win the east.

I think if you're picking anybody except Georgia, you're just looking to be contrarian.

They're loaded with talent and the East is once again weak. I don't see any team in the east outside of Georgia doing better, and I'd be hard pressed to find 3 losses in the conference for Georgia.

I dont think it pays to have a tough road anymore. It gets you respect but thats about it (and you miss out on all the cupcake $$$$$). They always talk about strength of schedule, but if you happen to lose three nailbiters to highly ranked teams it hasnt looked like it will do you any favors against, say, a team out west that went undeafeated but never really played anyone. Even on a down year the SEC is typically a monster that eats itself.

GA will win the east.

I think if you're picking anybody except Georgia, you're just looking to be contrarian.

They're loaded with talent and the East is once again weak. I don't see any team in the east outside of Georgia doing better, and I'd be hard pressed to find 3 losses in the conference for Georgia.
the freshman QB. is going to be a great double threat!

It is the east, sooo....
Some years back, (since the West is such a cakewalk I guess /s) LSU started playing power conf contenders to open the season (Miami this year). Win or lose it seems to always work in their favor. Most bowls with SEC affiliation rely on SEC record anyway.
I hope UGA wins it all this year.

Back
Top Bottom