• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Well I decided to get another carry permit after 2 years without one. Status update APPROVED

Bypass

Army Icon Lifetime Supporter
One nation under GOD Father of Jesus my Savior.
146   0
Reaction score
Alabama made it nice, easy, and convenient to get so I said why not. Everything is online except for picking it up. Still gotta go to the Sheriffs office to pick up the permit. Should be approved in 30 days or less.

Kinda looking forward to carrying again. The permit says concealed weapons permit. I'm curious I never open carry but now I am wondering if it is even allowed.

Anyways, just thought I'd share.

Edit; In case you are wondering it is 100 dollars for 5 years with the laminated card I got and 50 for 5 with paper card and something like 15 per year otherwise.

Most states it depends on what you are doing when you are open carrying. Even restrictive SC (in the early 90's) had provisions for open carrying if you were traveling to/or from camping, the range, shooting event, hunting, etc.

Bypass,was going to question why you would go for two years without caring a gun for protection in Alabama it's required to have a carry permit just to have a loaded handgun in your car, right?

But then I recall seeing in that other thread where you said
you're 6' 2" and 240-something pounds.
So, maybe that's all the protection / deterrence you need!

Yeah, my first carry license was in Alabama. The guy that printed it in the Sheriff's office didn't even know Alabama was an open carry state.

Apparently AL is a shall-issue state, and an open carry state. Interestingly though, the website below says it's illegal to open carry in a vehicle there without a permit.

https://www.gunlaws101.com/state/law/alabama/open-carry

https://www.usconcealedcarry.com/resources/ccw_reciprocity_map/al-gun-laws/
Yeah, it's weird. You can open carry on the sidewalk without a license, but not in your car.
The laws may have changed some though, I've been in GA since 2012.

$50 extra just for a laminated card? Lol...Dang.

I hate purchasing the GWCL but there are times when it is a convenience, I suppose...Only because of the ridiculous system.

Back
Top Bottom