• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Well I decided to get another carry permit after 2 years without one. Status update APPROVED

i let mine expire awhile ago.....now i am living in Cobb and have to go to downtown Marietta to get it...... one of these days ill take a day off work and go fight traffic and attempt to find parking to get it again lol.

1578631852013.jpg

Bypass,was going to question why you would go for two years without caring a gun for protection in Alabama it's required to have a carry permit just to have a loaded handgun in your car, right?

But then I recall seeing in that other thread where you said
you're 6' 2" and 240-something pounds.
So, maybe that's all the protection / deterrence you need!
Being big ain`t a deterrent. Big is an easier target.

i let mine expire awhile ago.....now i am living in Cobb and have to go to downtown Marietta to get it...... one of these days ill take a day off work and go fight traffic and attempt to find parking to get it again lol.

I didn’t have any problem
Parked in the deck and the line was very short

My previous permit was from Stewart county and the clerk in Cobb called Stewart county probate office and put it on speaker

Says he’s calling from Cobb county to verify a permit was not suspended, and Stewart county saw , “its valid “
Cobb county says “ but I haven’t given you the persons name yet “

Stewart county :” we have never suspended a permit , so whoever it is , it’s still valid “

Cobb :” uhh, ok?”

Alabama made it nice, easy, and convenient to get so I said why not. Everything is online except for picking it up. Still gotta go to the Sheriffs office to pick up the permit. Should be approved in 30 days or less.

Kinda looking forward to carrying again. The permit says concealed weapons permit. I'm curious I never open carry but now I am wondering if it is even allowed.

Anyways, just thought I'd share.

Edit; In case you are wondering it is 100 dollars for 5 years with the laminated card I got and 50 for 5 with paper card and something like 15 per year otherwise.
Wow it's harder to get teeth in Alabama than a carry permit.

Back
Top Bottom