• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Well I did it

Here's some Boolits from my new Rifle mold I got for Christmas and a few .40 s&w. I cast them the other day, finally go to Powder Coat today, waiting on my sizer die so I can put the Gas Checks on and size them then I'll load them for the 7.7 Jap, and a few for the 30.06 etc.

View attachment 633150

View attachment 633151
why do you powder coat the bullets?

why do you powder coat the bullets?
To keep the Lead Bullet from Leading the Barrel which would cause accuracy and cleaning issues. The Powder Coat acts as a Lube, think of it like a Paint Jacketed Bullet. For years everybody lubed their lead cast bullets with a grease/ wax like combination, and some still do. With Powder Coat you don't have to do that. And then of Course there's the Designer Colors for the Fashion Police.

To keep the Lead Bullet from Leading the Barrel which would cause accuracy and cleaning issues. The Powder Coat acts as a Lube, think of it like a Paint Jacketed Bullet. For years everybody lubed their lead cast bullets with a grease/ wax like combination, and some still do. With Powder Coat you don't have to do that. And then of Course there's the Designer Colors for the Fashion Police.
do you do the powder coating yourself, do you send them out somewhere ?

Back
Top Bottom