• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Well I drank the PSA juice... again

Sure_Shot

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
72   0
Reaction score
Was surfing their site and checked on their in stock upper assemblies. First one that popped up was their PSA midlength 556 NATO 1/7 SOCOM melonite Freedom upper for $229. I couldn't resist. I've been wanting a middy and love the heavier barrel.

I don't know or have any first hand experience with the melonite treatment but I've read good things. Some prefer it over CL. Anyone care to input?

I've had a completed lower sitting around for a while so I figured why not. At that price it will serve it's purpose.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/inde...ite-freedom-upper-no-bcg-or-ch/category/4220/

Lol yea the price is right!

I actually have a spare BCG laying around and several CH from upgrading all my other ARs. So I'm cooking with peanut oil.

Just curious what everyone thought on the melonite finish? All mine but one is CL. The one that is not is SS.

Anyone got a bead on inexpensive BCG for a literal woods/truck/beater gun?
I helped a friend build his first ar a couple months back. He had a 500 budget so we used psa. Just curious if it can be done in parts for less?

Lol yea the price is right!

I actually have a spare BCG laying around and several CH from upgrading all my other ARs. So I'm cooking with peanut oil.

Just curious what everyone thought on the melonite finish? All mine but one is CL. The one that is not is SS.

If you look at the tech. info. on melonite, its better than chrome since its harder and penetrates many times deeper into the metal surface than the chrome lining is thick. Its supposed to have better corrosion resistance as well.

Back
Top Bottom