• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Well I drank the PSA juice... again

and now PSA is offering free shipping over $100 till sunday:) I just spent another $102 on ammo:)

Good call on that. I am browsing their site to do the same. I was planning to hit Cabela's to pick up some ammo, and pay more, plus tax. I can wait a week or two for fair prices, no tax, and free shipping!

Anybody have any input on the PSA premium upper versus a Bravo Company upper? PSA is obviously less expensive but I'm wondering if there's a big gap in quality.

Anybody have any input on the PSA premium upper versus a Bravo Company upper? PSA is obviously less expensive but I'm wondering if there's a big gap in quality.
I have a PSA pinned 14.7'' thats CHF 1/7 twist that i got on here from a member. Its rock solid. I've only put a couple hundred through it so far, but its pretty accurate with irons

The materials used on the CHF PSA upper and the BCM upper are pretty much the same, its the gas port sizes where you'll see a difference.

I have a PSA pinned 14.7'' thats CHF 1/7 twist that i got on here from a member. Its rock solid. I've only put a couple hundred through it so far, but its pretty accurate with irons
That's the same upper I'd like to get once it comes back in stock. Thinking a 14.7 will be close enough to make me not want an sbr.

That's the same upper I'd like to get once it comes back in stock. Thinking a 14.7 will be close enough to make me not want an sbr.
It's rock solid man. You'll enjoy it.
image.jpg

The materials used on the CHF PSA upper and the BCM upper are pretty much the same, its the gas port sizes where you'll see a difference.

I'm building my first one from mostly PSA stuff so I'm new to the intricacies of the AR platform....so what is the difference in gas port sizes? What size is optimal or preferred and why?

I'm building my first one from mostly PSA stuff so I'm new to the intricacies of the AR platform....so what is the difference in gas port sizes? What size is optimal or preferred and why?
0.60-.075 is optimal. when you shorten the barrel, sometimes its best to have the port opened to .080-.090 but then you start getting a little gas in the face when the BCG cycles and ejects the shell

Back
Top Bottom