• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Well, I finally had to pay up!!!

It doesn't surprise me that two young ladies won the C-notes! When Connor went up to Ohio for the nationals, 8 out of 10 of the top shooters were female. One of the top teams in our area is LaFayette, they have a 7 member precision team, 5 of them are young women, and they routinely take top honors. I think our record against them is 1 and 6 now.

Great job coach! Keep up the great work!

I've never been to one of these these events. What is the distance, caliber etc that they compete at? Thx!
These youngsters are shooting the Daisy 499B competition bb gun. It's a .177 caliber, lever action, muzzle loading single shot with micrometer peep sights that Daisy builds for this type of competition. The distance from the firing line to the target is 5 meters. Time is 10 minutes for 10 record shots. NRA 5 meter bb gun rules apply. Here is a pic of the target used.
IMG_20171023_1624280_rewind.jpg

IMG_20171023_1627295_rewind.jpg

The smallest circle in the black is the 10 ring. It's the same diameter as a bb.

We are planning to start a sporter air rifle program this fall to hopefully keep the older kids involved in shooting sports. The bb gun program is available for youngsters in grades 4-8. Sporter air rifle grades 7-12.

These youngsters are shooting the Daisy 499B competition bb gun. It's a .177 caliber, lever action, muzzle loading single shot with micrometer peep sights that Daisy builds for this type of competition. The distance from the firing line to the target is 5 meters. Time is 10 minutes for 10 record shots. Here is a pic of the target used.
View attachment 1582861
View attachment 1582862
The smallest circle in the black is the 10 ring. It's the same diameter as a bb.

They're shooting the 10 ring for a perfect score?

Yep. Madelyn shot a 100 with 9 center shots, Kinzie shot a 100 with 7 center shots. A center shot is one that more than 50% of the hole is inside the 10 ring. A score of 10 is possible as long as hole breaks the 10 ring.

That's awesome shooting! Especially with a bb gun. You're teaching them well!

Folks, I really appreciate all the praise and kind words but I certainly have not done this by myself. The other coaches and the parents of these youngsters deserve much more credit than me. Without their contributions this program would not be possible. All I have done is try to pass on some of the shooting skills my father taught me by giving a little time to these youngsters. And honestly I have had a lot of fun watching these kids develop and build their skills.

Back
Top Bottom