• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Well Kyler Murray beat Tua for the Heisman.........................

I also thought Tua should have won it....until i actually looked at the numbers. My opinion was largely based on mis-impressions, due to me watching all of Tua's games, and very little of Kyler's.
It would real difficult for anyone to have objectively compared their stats, and have given it to Tua over Kyler (even factoring in the argument, as I've made myself, that Alabama was so far ahead in most games, that Tua didn't get much 2nd half playing time in. The numbers are still the numbers.)
As to the anti-SEC bias, there definitely is some of that, but they did give the Heisman to (Bama's) Derek Henry, when it should have gone to Christian McCaffrey. The guy was a one-man highlight reel that year!!! And Henry kinda flopped in their last game, while MaCaffrey was a friggin' superstar in their bowl game (this was all post-Heisman award, though it illustrated the point). I'm all about the Crimson Tide, but the reality is the Heisman committee blew that one (and in favor of Bama).

I also thought Tua should have won it....until i actually looked at the numbers. It was largely based on mis-impressions, due to me watching all of Tua's games, and very little of Kyler's.

Agreed. I can't make a good argument for Tua over Murray. Murray had a tremendous season.

Back
Top Bottom