• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Well, this kinda sucks!

Thanks folks, I’m back from surgery. Got back to my room a few minutes after 5:00pm. Feeling pretty rough right now but I know things will improve.
They removed the defibrillator and the leads. Doc told my wife that as soon as he made the first incision he hit a large pocket of infection. He called it “grossly infected” so I think it was the right decision to remove it. They will probably tell me tomorrow when I will get a new one implanted.

Anyway, I survived the surgery!!! Many Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes! Y’all will never know how much they mean to me.

welcome back to the land of the living!! general anesthesia scares the **** out of me. been under a few times myself.
Yep, I don’t care much for it either. Heck, I don’t have an abundance of functioning brain cells as it is, and I always feel like I lose even more during something like this!

How about a slightly bloody selfie?
5C617B55-5288-4A75-977E-7834C5E7C777.jpeg

Glad to hear that everything went well. Said another prayer for you. Praying that you heal well and that your future procedures go well also.

A bit better this morning. Anesthesia has finally worn off so I’m a little more coherent. Pretty sore at the incision site.
The nurses had a hell of a time last night dealing with the bleeding. The selfie I posted last evening showed some bleeding, within 10 minutes of that pic the bandage was completely saturated. After changing the dressing four times in a little over an hour they finally got it contained.
Docs are supposed to be by sometime today and they are supposed to remove this dressing and place a “wound vac” to keep it drained. Looks like I’m probably going to be here till Monday at least.

Back
Top Bottom