• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Were you caught with your pants down?

harrycalahan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
116   0
Reaction score
I started mildly prepping around 2013. All the typical stuff. Between then and now, I had allowed my food supply to run short and I had very little water on hand. Especially for 3 people. Luckily I managed to get ahead of the hordes before the shelves went empty and get the essentials for my family. Even enough for possible visitors. I still gave myself a D- over all. Im not going to call this a wake up call for me. More of a reminder. It was however a wake up call for my family members. My dad has never been the type to prep and he’s wishing he had some mountain house food and other supplies now. My wife, who can be quite naive sometimes and generally believes in the good of people now realizes the need for being prepared. Becoming a mother last year has also reinforced that in her. So while I hate that this entire fiasco has taken place, Im glad that my family is all in agreement now. It makes prepping easier as well as conservation of supplies. So how did you fare?

I agree with you, this has been reinforcing for some of my family members who only keep about a week's worth of food on hand until they could get to the grocery store. Thankfully, I have been pretty well prepped; the only thing I wish I had was land with a deep well away from all the people.

I had Water, food ammo guns and other supplies, but where I fell short was having a Tent for anyone coming to my house to isolate themselves, I found a decent 10 person tent at Wal-Mart yesterday. The Coronavirus Epidemic took me by surprise. I'm also shocked that so many of my Gun friends don't have a proper amount of ammo for there guns. But, call me asking for ammo. I also had 1 of my Prep buddies actually freaking out over the shortage of everything, I told him we have Water n Power our country is just fine.

Back
Top Bottom