• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

West Georgia Precision ~ November NRL22 Match ~ 11/20/2021 **UPDATED W/ PICS**

Seeking some clarity on one of the upcoming November stages, "The United States Army". The note in the description states, "No part of the rifle or gear may touch the ground". How are ya'll interpreting that statement? Does it simply mean that your rifle and/or bipod (gear) can't be on the ground when shooting from the lower legs? Or would you say that no gear, including bags, can be on the ground at any given time?

The reason I ask - I watched young buck shoot the tank trap stage this month and he very wisely used the big bag to raise up his knee to gain height for a more stable shooting platform. Totally legal for that specific COF. I've tried that technique at home dry firing and it works for me better than the spread the legs and bend over method :lol:

Thoughts?

View attachment 3624228
It’s basically to keep you from throwing a game changer against the bottom of the leg on the ground and calling that shooting off the bottom portion of the leg. That being said since it specifically says no gear on the ground for the COF the bag under the knee would be a no go on the stage.

On slants what works for me is when the prop is on my strong side I push the rifle into it with my weak hand, when the prop is on my weak side I wrap my weak arm around the prop and pull the rifle against the prop.

On slants what works for me is when the prop is on my strong side I push the rifle into it with my weak hand, when the prop is on my weak side I wrap my weak arm around the prop and pull the rifle against the prop.
That’s good advice, I’ll definitely be using this technique. Thanks!

Not sure if anyone is interested…@elementalindustries www.elementalind.com is making precision 22 LR with Rimx actions and shilen select match barrels for around $1700.00 if you want Ian’s info please let me know. He is an amazing gun smith. Super accurate rifles.
He also has discounts on trigger tech and Brix and Andi triggers.

Not sure if anyone is interested…@elementalindustries www.elementalind.com is making precision 22 LR with Rimx actions and shilen select match barrels for around $1700.00 if you want Ian’s info please let me know. He is an amazing gun smith. Super accurate rifles.
Completely unrelated to the above post, I now have a Tikka T1x in an MDT ACC for sale.:lol:

Back
Top Bottom