• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Western Powders Handloading Guide #1

SpeedyR

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
121   0
Reaction score
Got a copy of the Western Powders Guide #1 the other day. I know most folks like getting info online but I always like having a manual to read when I am bored and to make notes on it. I have liked some of their powders recently so figured it was a good investment.

Western has load data (and I assume they own) Accurate powder, RamShot powder, Blackhorn 209 black powder and Montana Extreme cleaning supplies. There's actually some very good reloading info in the manual, including a lot of older and newer calibers (some 17 and 20 caliber wildcats, 450 bushmaster, 458 socom, a few of the newer 6.5 calibers, etc) plus has a section on hand loading pistol length AR's, etc.

One big thing I like about Western is they offer both .223 load levels, but also include 5.56 load levels if you want to load more like some of the mil spec loads. That's what led me to trying RamShot TAC powder.

Has all of the basic hand loading info, but they also have sections on advanced loading (neck turning, concentricity issues, powder position and pressure, shot shells for handguns, twist rate/stability, barrel slugging, chronograph use, etc).

I'm impressed. Well worth the price if you use any of their powders or are thinking about it...

IMG_7532.jpg

about $30 on Amazon and also available from your favorite online gun places (midway, brownells, etc).

Back
Top Bottom