• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wet tumblers wet dream!!!!!

Seems interesting. I got gun tap pins and asked for extra free samples of there brass washing detergent $99.99/10lbs free shipping will make 250 gallons. Brass juice $74.99/1 gal (not sure about shipping) will make 64 gallons. The brass detergent Samples I used were great with and without pins. But I grabbed a lemishine BOGO at Kroger and 10 large bottles of dish soap from dollar tree for $20 total and have tumbled 160+ times typically 5l hot tap with 10lbs of pins in a 5gal bucket. I've lost 4oz of pins in easily 150,000 pieces washed over the last 2 years. I use gold panning screens and grab up rifle cartridges (24 - .308) with a half full bucket of water and pins.. I can get em all out and drying on 800 pieces in 10min~ Never had a broken decapper or stuck pins.. pistol cases are nothing at all to separate 2k in 4min.. I like my low cost clean primer pockets. Thanks for posting info/experience as it's always nice to have other options.. Also for anyone considering pins Southern Shine comes highly recommenced by Jerry Miculek, supposedly better, and by far the cheapest.. with my harbor freight magnet it might be a while before I need more.

Ok so primer pockets are ok...... ish...... doable I would say lol I looked at a handful and this picture is about average. I did look at the last batch I used pins on with good ole shine and dawn and the average pocket isn’t much cleaner but is a little cleaner on average. It was hard to get a good picture of the inside so the best I could do was the inside of the mouth..... hope this helps

Attachments

• 8D1BA226-0598-446E-B81F-00A168881910.jpeg
    8D1BA226-0598-446E-B81F-00A168881910.jpeg
    46.1 KB · Views: 45
  • 408CD942-7715-4B83-B20D-D5E08D1F3F99.jpeg
    408CD942-7715-4B83-B20D-D5E08D1F3F99.jpeg
    61.5 KB · Views: 46
Ok so primer pockets are ok...... ish...... doable I would say lol I looked at a handful and this picture is about average. I did look at the last batch I used pins on with good ole shine and dawn and the average pocket isn’t much cleaner but is a little cleaner on average. It was hard to get a good picture of the inside so the best I could do was the inside of the mouth..... hope this helps
Annnd, stainless pins it remains

We all know I'm lazy. I think I do a good job keeping pins where there should be, but I end up finding stragglers in 20 feet all directions for months. I don't understand.
Need to keep an eye out for a wet/dry media separator. Seems to be a more better way of doing things according to the internet.

Back
Top Bottom