• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Wet Tumbling: Frankford Arsenal or HF Concrete Mixer

i do pretty much the same. and I have been annealing every reload, so i can only tell by primer pocket.
I don't anneal, so the case neck splits before the primer pockets gets loose, usually around 5-7 loadings. We shoot 2-gun every month, have about 2-3 squads and there is only myself and 1 other guy that reloads, so we get all the brass we could want.

I started annealing when I was forming cases for wildcats...now it is just another step in the brass prep, dunno if it does any good.
I guess for longevity of hard to find brass or expensive brass, I would do the same. For .556, they are all over the place so I wouldn't even bother, just toss it and replace.

it is twice as big as the one i was using from Harbor Freight. I could only get 3500 to 4000 in the Harbor Freight model. This one will hold 9K 9mm without a problem. I had trouble with the drums cracking on the HF mixers.

Finally picked up a mixer on the used market, it's a 2 cu/ft poly mixer with a 1/3HP motor. I also picked up 5lbs of SS pins from Guntap, Lemishine from Wallyworld with Dawn that we already had, so running my first load today of 45ACP.

All in I am at $180, still cheaper than a Frankford Arsenal unit.

SAM_1470.JPG
SAM_1471.JPG
SAM_1472.JPG
SAM_1473.JPG
SAM_1474.JPG

You did good.

I have the HF cement mixer, which I used for a handful of mortar and cement projects, and the motor is already shot, despite the fact that I never overloaded it, cleaned it after use, and kept it stored properly. I generally like HF products, but that is one of their "wish you the best of luck" products.

Back
Top Bottom