• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

We've had a lot of threads about over priced firearms....

BamaFan

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
340   0
Reaction score
But what about ammo? Why in the name of all things holy would I pay retail or above for your ammo that I have no idea where you stored it, if your cat peed on it, if the boxes all have brown recluse eggs in them... Half the ammo on here is not even in boxes, just have to take your word for what it is. Oh, and this "deal" has to happen close to you cause you ain't driving far... No thanks. Click, pay, "ding dong", ammo is here!

But what about ammo? Why in the name of all things holy would I pay retail or above for your ammo that I have no idea where you stored it, if your cat peed on it, if the boxes all have brown recluse eggs in them... Half the ammo on here is not even in boxes, just have to take your word for what it is. Oh, and this "deal" has to happen close to you cause you ain't driving far... No thanks. Click, pay, "ding dong", ammo is here!

Gotta love free enterprise...

Same as the guns, people don't know what the "right price" is on their ammo. They ignorantly overpaid, and assume someone else will too.

I guess.

I see it with powder too-- folks have powder listed at full retail... and I'm a lot more scared of how THAT could be f'd up than loaded, apparently commercial, ammo. I want a 50% discount on powder, or no thank you. Will I buy your 8 lbs of 4320? You bet! But not for $160.

Or your 1-lb. bottles for $28.

As far as firearms are concerned. Before ODT, I bought and sold a lot on the ebay of firearms. Hadn't put anything on there in a while. However, I did list something no one had interest there last week and sold it for more than I was asking here. With fees, I'll probably get the same as I was asking on ODT. Point is, sometimes you have to reach a broader market than the ODT.

Unless you're selling Glocks. ODT has the best prices hands down. At least in my experience as a seller and buyer.

Back
Top Bottom