• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What’s good for the goose is good for the gander...

Do you buy at asking price or negotiate?

• Buy at asking price

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Make an offer or start a conversation to negotiate

Votes: 29 96.7%

• Total voters
Good luck with that.

P.S. what "you have in it" has nothing to do with market value.

Believe it or not, I have made numerous deals using the USPS.

I've only had one member screw me around on shipping, but the mods removed the Neg I left him, which led to another member getting screwed also.

Believe it or not, I have made numerous deals using the USPS.

I've only had one member screw me around on shipping, but the mods removed the Neg I left him, which led to another member getting screwed also.

I believe you.

It's just that I have had about zero success getting sellers to ship stuff. Occasionally, but so rare I don't even ask any more.

I believe you.

It's just that I have had about zero success getting sellers to ship stuff. Occasionally, but so rare I don't even ask any more.

I offer to ship most of the time. Send me a check for something I have listed, it'll be boxed up and have it laying on your door step within a couple of days.

It really limits the customer base when people refuse to ship.

I'd rather ship a long gun at my convince, than drive over 30 miles for a meeting at a predetermined time and place.

You are right, there are a lot of people that are afraid to ship, or just don't realize how simple it really is. Then you have those people that believe what the ignorant postal worker tells them. lol

I offer to ship most of the time. Send me a check for something I have listed, it'll be boxed up and have it laying on your door step within a couple of days.

It really limits the customer base when people refuse to ship.

I'd rather ship a long gun at my convince, than drive over 30 miles for a meeting at a predetermined time and place.

You are right, there are a lot of people that are afraid to ship, or just don't realize how simple it really is. Then you have those people that believe what the ignorant postal worker tells them. lol

I've usually had no issues except when a clerk on College Street refused to accept a long gun going to a dealer in another State. Th 'manager' came out and quoted USPS Postal Regs to her and she still 'had to go do some research'. This is why I say government types never reverse themselves. To save face, she comes out with a damned PS Form 1508:
upload_2018-4-6_11-58-32.png

The idiot was damned and determined to have me sign SOMETHING, so she gets this off the website. I explain I'm a private individual and I'd be violating their own regulations if I signed her stupid form. I'd already paid the postage online for the rifle and insurance so did under protest sign the form but receding my signature I wrote: Vi Coactus. LOL, the look on her face.

I've usually had no issues except when a clerk on College Street refused to accept a long gun going to a dealer in another State. Th 'manager' came out and quoted USPS Postal Regs to her and she still 'had to go do some research'. This is why I say government types never reverse themselves. To save face, she comes out with a damned PS Form 1508:
View attachment 1578757

The idiot was damned and determined to have me sign SOMETHING, so she gets this off the website. I explain I'm a private individual and I'd be violating their own regulations if I signed her stupid form. I'd already paid the postage online for the rifle and insurance so did under protest sign the form but receding my signature I wrote: Vi Coactus. LOL, the look on her face.

I answer the digital questionnaire about the liquids, explosives, fragile, etc I never say anything about what's in the package.
I try not to have conversations with ignorant people, especially if they have a little authority.

Back
Top Bottom