What’s the point?

Do you carry one in the head?

• Yes

• No, explain why?

• “I lost all my guns in boating accident”

• Tacos

• I don’t carry

Results are only viewable after voting.
I have heard that can be an issue but I have chambered and unchambered the same round dozens and dozens of times back to back and have yet to not have the round fire
The problem is bullet set back. In some weapons every time you chamber the round it can push the bullet a little further into the case. If it gets pushed back too much, and then is fire, it can cause unsafe high chamber pressure.

You won't know there is a problem until the weapon explodes unless you are inspecting the round that has been chambered repeatedly for set back.

Uhhhhhhhhhh.............

Well I work at a gunshop and people always wanna see my gun so I’m taking it in and out of battery to hand them an empty, safe weapon, and end up just holding my 16th round in my hand since it won’t go back in th mag, so it goes in the pocket, where it later resurfaces in my washing machine lol.
Also sometimes I clear the weapon depending on kids and locations etc and hate having to keep up with my extra plus 1 round. Wasn’t worth it

personal preference i reckon.
Some folks feel safer from accidental discharge. Some folks have kids.
to each his own,
shouldn't matter to anyone else on here (unless the said person is a law enforcement officer or paid to protect someone).

Well I work at a gunshop and people always wanna see my gun so I’m taking it in and out of battery to hand them an empty, safe weapon, and end up just holding my 16th round in my hand since it won’t go back in th mag, so it goes in the pocket, where it later resurfaces in my washing machine lol.
Also sometimes I clear the weapon depending on kids and locations etc and hate having to keep up with my extra plus 1 round. Wasn’t worth it

Oh, ok, that makes sense!

To answer the OP's strangely worded question, hell yes I carry one in the chamber. If there's not one chambered you have the next best thing to an unloaded weapon.

Hey, thanks man! My buddy and I had a discussion about it so I figured I’d ask. Probably should’ve worded it better for all the English professors on ODT.

Back
Top Bottom