• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What 10 mm for my back country hunts?

yep. Moves forward and locks up the gun when the cylinder tries to rotate.

Can also diminish accuracy if the overall length changes from one round to the other in rifles. Can be quite irritating trying to figure out those stupid flyers if the bullets weren't crimped properly.

Of course that issue won't show up if you load one at a time at the range. In the field is a whole other story with them being in the magazine.

“Backcountry” means lightweight, esp in tough terrain at higher elevations. Even more so if successful hunt.
G20, 29, XDM are therefore consideration.
Although I love my 1911 10mm’s, G20 is what I carry hiking up there.
^^^^^This! A G-20 or even the 40 with Underwood hardcast loads for the win.
Get an FHF Gear bino harness and their Glock holster that attaches to it. That’s my next big purchase for my backcountry hunting Arsenal. I have carried my sidearm on the waist belt of my pack, but I sit on my pack at times and I had to worry about keeping my sidearm out of the dirt then or anytime I took it off. Dropping the pack can also lead you to being a ways from your sidearm at times. Some type of chest rig eliminates that worry and keeps your sidearm at the ready at all times.
You’ll want to carry a lighter gun and have as few moving parts on you if you are doing a backcountry hunt. The pounds add up fast!

The added benefit of carrying 15+1 in the gun keeps you from having to worry about fumbling around to reload a revolver after 6 shots.
One spare Mag will have you carrying more ammo than you’ll really need and will take up less space in a pack, leaving you room for the necessary items.

Back
Top Bottom