• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WHAT 400 DOLLARS GOT YOU IN 1979, WISH I PURCHASED MORE

Yep, Smiths were @ $200-300 and Colts Pythons were @ $400. A new AR 15 was @ $400. You could buy Ruger 10/22s and Marlin levers for under $100. 22 ammo was less than a penny a round. A new Corvette was @ $10,000 and a decent house was @ $50k. Minimum wage was @ $2.75, gas was @ .65. So the the buying power today is less than half what it was then.
About a year before I got my Marlin Glennfield model 60 22LR for 69 bucks I think it was. I am pretty sure we bought that 30-06 in 1980. In '79 we were still living in Ohio. We moved to Oklahoma in 1980 about the time we got the two guns from Target in Witchita Falls TX.

Wasn't bragging. Just showing what pricing was compared to now. Give me a freaking break. Now it's more than that and you don't even get wood stock. It could have been cheaper I don't remember exactly the price I just remember paying 225 or 235 for the 30-30 and the Remy was just a little bit over $100 more.
Sir, this is the ODT not everything is super serious. I'm looking for a older 7mag BDL and $1600 isn't that far off.

This is what I got for 235 bucks. It was a real short 30-30 with a straight stock and square lever. Selling it was the dumbest thing I have ever done. The price on these has gone up so much its insane. Probably the gun I loved the most. At the time I sold it I lived I n Maryland and had nowhere to hunt or shoot. Dumb ass move! Mine had no engraving or gold horseman.

Back
Top Bottom