• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What are people wrapping around their suppressors?

Gucci Mane

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
38   0
Reaction score
hey guys,

I've noticed in the IV8888 videos a lot that they'll wrap what appears to be canvas wrapped with paracord on their suppressors. Is that what they're putting around em? If so, what's the use case for it? My guess is something for heat signature in very niche tactical situations, but perhaps more commonly so people don't burn their hands by accident.

I'm asking because I don't know and am trying to learn more about suppressors. The below pic is a screenshot of what I'm talking about, though this particular one appears to be using some kind of strap instead. Thank you!

IMG_1323.jpg

hey guys,

I've noticed in the IV8888 videos a lot that they'll wrap what appears to be canvas wrapped with paracord on their suppressors. Is that what they're putting around em? If so, what's the use case for it? My guess is something for heat signature in very niche tactical situations, but perhaps more commonly so people don't burn their hands by accident.

I'm asking because I don't know and am trying to learn more about suppressors. The below pic is a screenshot of what I'm talking about, though this particular one appears to be using some kind of strap instead. Thank you!

View attachment 1057782

I am by no means any kind of authority but have been looking at exactly what you are talking about.

What you are looking at is for heat mitigation because after just a few rounds the suppressor will give off enough heat to produce what is known as heat mirage when looking through optics. The wrap reduces that mirage. After only 3 rounds through my Remington 700 I can see the mirage through my Zeiss 3-9x40 scope. I will be installing a heat mitigation wrap soon.

Anyone who is more knowledgeable please feel free to correct me.

Those are suppressor wraps. They are mainly used to reduce heat mirage coming from the can when shooting at distance, or sometimes people use them to keep from burning themselves for transitions in training classes.

I am by no means any kind of authority but have been looking at exactly what you are talking about.

What you are looking at is for heat mitigation because after just a few rounds the suppressor will give off enough heat to produce what is known as heat mirage when looking through optics. The wrap reduces that mirage. After only 3 rounds through my Remington 700 I can see the mirage through my Zeiss 3-9x40 scope. I will be installing a heat mitigation wrap soon.

Anyone who is more knowledgeable please feel free to correct me.

Yep, same thing has been happening when I shoot my ARC30, on my MVP. I can get about 7-8 shots before the mirage. Sounds like we need a group buy.

Back
Top Bottom