• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What are you buying when you win the $700 MILLION Powerball?

I've never heard of anyone winning the Powerball and not paying taxes, even if someone collects anonymously the .gov takes their cut, and if you take the payout instead of the annuity you get more like 40%.
Having a trust or LLC may save you money each year, and help keep you anonymous, but I'm pretty sure the IRS isn't letting go of what they deem is theirs right off the top.
Let's just say we both win and share the pot. Half for each of us. You sign the back and I'll send my lawyer. My lawyer will bring home my half and the trust pays taxes when money is disbursed. Your name will be in the public records and your face will be in the news and the government will take theirs before you can touch yours. The government will tax your savings and investments and every year the government will like more of what you got.
A trust gains by receiving 100% and growing tax free.

I might be as rich as Sylvester Stalone. But I don't want to have to afford his personal protection for himself or his family.

I think the first thing I'd do ( after changing my name and number) would be to gather all my immediate family and very few friends and hand each one an envelope of cash in amounts from about $15k to $50k and then I'd tell all of them to never ask me about money again.
LMAO!!!!!!! An'nat's a Man with a PLAN

I would get married again and it will be gone in a week.

cdn.comparecards.com_uploads_blog_2015_11_Woman_holding_cards.jpg

Let's just say we both win and share the pot. Half for each of us. You sign the back and I'll send my lawyer. My lawyer will bring home my half and the trust pays taxes when money is disbursed. Your name will be in the public records and your face will be in the news and the government will take theirs before you can touch yours. The government will tax your savings and investments and every year the government will like more of what you got.
A trust gains by receiving 100% and growing tax free.

I might be as rich as Sylvester Stalone. But I don't want to have to afford his personal protection for himself or his family.
I'm not a lawyer, so you could be right, I've just never heard of any collected jackpot that didn't get taxed up front.
If thats possible why doesn't every one do that?

I would buy this site . Gonna be some changes 'round hyere. Respect my autho-ri-tie.:becky: Gonna be a whole section for $150.00 and under guns. And a section for malt liquor reviews . Oh and don't forget " Random thoughts and observations from my van seat." That would be like an Op/Ed page. Or maybe more like the Jerry Springer "Final Thoughts" bit.

Back
Top Bottom