• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What are you doing "just in case"?

In to hear all the SHTF Larpers and Survivalists thinking they're going to "live off the land"

And if that statement offends you, you're who I'm referring to. :boink:

If you have a bunch of stuff, great. But if you don't have any actual practical skills and knowledge. *Incoming Cliché'* You are building a cache for someone else to take unless you are prepared for the long-haul.

I don't care how big and bad you are, how many pallets of ammo and guns you got, how great your grouping at 300 yards is, or how many shooting courses you have taken. If you can't procure and purify water, perform decent first aid, or can't run 100 meters without panting, your odds ain't that great on your own long-term.

Anyone who thinks they can do it alone have watched Jeremiah Johnson a few too many times.

A network of people you trust is what has built and maintained life. Even for your beloved survivalist mountain man. They still traded goods and supplies from time to time. Either at a trading post or Native Tribe. They rarely fully lived off the land with no resupply from civilization completely on their own.

Also, no, you and your wife cannot hold off a crowd of armed looters from your house if they are in any way organized. Exceptions exist, don't assume you're an example of one and do what's necessary to avoid the conflict in the first place. Unless blaze of glory is your kind of thing.

So yeah, be prepped with stuff, but have a real plan for a variety of circumstances and be able to execute them, and you'll actually end up pulling through unlike that dude that had a garage full of rice and beans and died from dehydration or an infected boo-boo

Bought 17 acres in the middle of nowheresville GA...can't relocate fast enough.
^ Aside from this, we're learning how to do all the things we're gonna do on that 17 acres of land. Starting small scale first. This tiny ass little spit of land in a suburb we got right now is perfect training wheels for doing small scale things.

In to hear all the SHTF Larpers and Survivalists thinking they're going to "live off the land"

And if that statement offends you, you're who I'm referring to. :boink:

If you have a bunch of stuff, great. But if you don't have any actual practical skills and knowledge. *Incoming Cliché'* You are building a cache for someone else to take unless you are prepared for the long-haul.

I don't care how big and bad you are, how many pallets of ammo and guns you got, how great your grouping at 300 yards is, or how many shooting courses you have taken. If you can't procure and purify water, perform decent first aid, or can't run 100 meters without panting, your odds ain't that great on your own long-term.

Anyone who thinks they can do it alone have watched Jeremiah Johnson a few too many times.

A network of people you trust is what has built and maintained life. Even for your beloved survivalist mountain man. They still traded goods and supplies from time to time. Either at a trading post or Native Tribe. They rarely fully lived off the land with no resupply from civilization completely on their own.

Also, no, you and your wife cannot hold off a crowd of armed looters from your house if they are in any way organized. Exceptions exist, don't assume you're an example of one and do what's necessary to avoid the conflict in the first place. Unless blaze of glory is your kind of thing.

So yeah, be prepped with stuff, but have a real plan for a variety of circumstances and be able to execute them, and you'll actually end up pulling through unlike that dude that had a garage full of rice and beans and died from dehydration or an infected boo-boo
1653340479989.png

Pouring my daily glass of bourbon a little taller and indulging in cheap cigars more often. Be a real shame if I took extra good care of my body only for the world to end tomorrow.
That reminds me, I need to increase my stockpile of whisky.

Back
Top Bottom