• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What are your favorite cleaning tools?

Hayata

Wolf Icon
Knock it off with them negative waves Moriarity!
177   0
Reaction score
I use a pull through system - Otis, I think - to clean my rifle bores. Brush and patches.

But other than an old oily rag I think I use Q-tips more than anything else to clean rails, those hard to reach places, etc.

I typically clean after every range visit.

I will use an old toothbrush occasionally to scrub particularly difficult areas but not that much, since I don't go a long time between cleanings.

But yeah, Q-tips are probably my most-used cleaning tool.

What say you ODT? What tools do you use the most to clean your firearms?

On my bench i use a one piece fiberglass cleaning rod, q-tips, and brass brush. I only use military cleaning patches that i buy from a surplus store. Have to use usgi grease on my usa-milsurps. Old t-shirt rags make great wipe down/polish cloths.
For pistols i use a one-piece cleaning rod with a deer horn handle that BIKER13 BIKER13 made for me.

At the range i use a pull-through kit for everything, with Hoppes #9 for corrosive cleanup. Starting to like those remington oil wipes too

Sounds like I ave the same cleaning tools as you do. Q tips are my friend, old t shirts, old toothbrush, etc. Brass brushes are good too.

I have a few cleaning kits. Mostly Outers stuff, some Hoppes, Rem oil...

ditch the q-tips and try ............. hell, don't know what they're called or exactly what women use them for but they are kinda like q-tips but instead of cotton on the end, its a foam tip. I find them close to the eye liner/lip stick section of the make-up dept.

ditch the q-tips and try ............. hell, don't know what they're called or exactly what women use them for but they are kinda like q-tips but instead of cotton on the end, its a foam tip. I find them close to the eye liner/lip stick section of the make-up dept.

Yes! They're great for putting grease on garands.....

Soak it in gunscrubber, brass brush, then a caliber specific q tip/tampon sizes, http://ramrodz.com/
Then a patch with a little Kleanbore, Boom, done, for pistols.

Rifles, bore snake for the win. then Kleanbore on a few patches.

Back
Top Bottom