• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What are your reloading cost for 9mm?

FMJ 124 gn. $79/1k, 1 lb. powder around $20, primers about $20/1000 (brick 5K), and brass is free so the cost to reload is less than $120/1K FMJ's. For reloading lead cast 125 GN cast lead $60 so $100/1K. Both will leave you some powder left due to the small case of the 9mm.

I have been loading Accurate arms #2, 5 and #7. I load them down to be sub-sonic for the most part. Only issues are typically from my Glocks, light bullets and faster powders tend to effect function. Stick with heavier bullets 124 gn. and slower powders like AA #5 or #7 and it should be less of an issue.

I load 124 gn. FMJ with AA#2-4.3 gn. w/OAL 1.13" at about 930 FPS. Also AA#7-7.8 gn. w/OAL 1.12 at about 1,100 FPS for Glock reliability.

I use a 147 gn. cast lead but use only AA#5-4.6 gn. w/OAL 1.13 for about 850 FPS. I will not use AA#2 with 147 gn. bullets due to when shooting suppressed the brass gets beat to heck (signs of excess pressure).

Last edited:
$5-6 per hundred here for me. 9mm or 40 S&W. I use range pickup brass, my own cast bullets cast from free lead, remington SP primers, and W231 or HP38.

www.treeclimber.com_reloads_40SWready.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys! Keep'em comming as I need as much info as I can get! I'm a little worried about casting my own as I heard it can lead to bore build up. Do you find that to be true?

I use 115 grain Montana Gold FMJ, Win 231 and CCI primers. I use my own brass fired from Speer Lawman Factory ammo. My costs is $123 per 1k. Items are purchased in bulk enough to load 10k rounds to cut down on Hazmat fees for shipping.

Leading of the barrel is typically due to too soft of lead and or pushing the velocity to maximum. Push hard cast lead at lower end of the velocity spectrum and it's not a real issue normally. There are even problems with plated bullets pushed at max levels (accuracy) so I'd keep the velocity down on those too.

Back
Top Bottom