• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What are Your Thoughts on a SCCY CPX-2 9mm?

I had the SCCY for a short time. I thought that the grip was unnecessarily fat. The trigger pull wasn't any worse than the Kel-Tec, but still pretty much the same. I don't remember how it was at the range, so it must not have been too impressive. The stainless slide is a nice touch, though. The basic Kel-Tec rusted quite easily, carried in my pocket every day.

I have owned a Taurus 9mm G2. It is what it is. The best thing that I find about the Taurus is that the grip fits well in the hand, not too bulky. The new style trigger seems kind of cheap and plastic. Which, it is plastic, but it just feels like it will snap without much abuse.

Overall, I prefer the Taurus to the SCCY, and I now own the PT140 G2. I don't understand why Taurus didn't make the magazine large enough to not rattle around in the frame though. I plan on glueing a piece of slick plastic to the front of my magazines to keep them from rattling. I will just have to accept that the trigger was made to fire the rounds, not to win competitions.

DSCF0690.JPG

DSCF0872.JPG

Back
Top Bottom